2018 New Brunswick Engineering Excellence Awards
The New Brunswick Engineering Excellence Awards celebrates and promotes the provision of exemplary consulting engineering services locally, nationally, and internationally
The event further serves to educate the general public and highlight the valuable contributions of New Brunswick’s Consulting Engineers in their work at home and abroad. Please consider this opportunity to highlight your company’s exceptional engineering accomplishments within a public forum for the recognition it deserves, amongst your peers, the public, and your clients.
STEP 1 – Notice of intention to submit
Member firms interested in submitting an entry are required to submit the following information before January 15th, 2018 to email@example.com:
- Company Name,
- Contact Name, Email Address, and
- A Brief Entry Description (200 word maximum).
STEP 2 – Submission entry
Entries must be approved by the Owner of the project (preferably a joint submission). Entry packages must be emailed no later than February 28th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that no entries will be accepted after 5pm.
STEP 3 – Showcase Awards
All entrants are asked to include a MS PowerPoint presentation (4 slides maximum) for automated public display during the awards gala. This requirement is not part of the entry submittal and is to be emailed to the email@example.com on or before March 31st, 2018.
A Project Entry must include:
- A project/promotional sheet, limited to a maximum of three typewritten pages (minimum 10-point Arial font) in electronic format. Pictures may be submitted as an appendix to the submission.
- Recognition of the contribution of significant sub-consultants.
- A 100-word summary (one paragraph maximum) is also required in electronic format. The summary must be properly edited and approved by the parties involved. The summary will be used as a general project description for the Awards gala and on promotional announcements throughout 2018.
- Payment may be made via cheque or credit card. Within one week of the submission of the Notice of Intent, an entry fee of $250.00 per firm is to be paid by:
- Mailing a cheque to ACEC-NB, Brunswick Square PO Box 20111, Saint John, NBE2L 5B2; or by Credit Card by phoning 506-651-6562.
- Only members in good standing of ACEC-NB are eligible to receive awards.
- Joint submissions involving non-ACEC-NB members are acceptable ONLY if an ACEC-NB member performed more than 50% of the engineering work (for the submitted component) and if the project is submitted in their name.
- Participants shall acknowledge other involved consultants and contractors in their submissions.
- The Design and Construction element of the project submitted (or, the assignment for which the applicant is seeking an award) shall have been largely completed during the 15-month period PRIOR to the date of submission (December 2016 – February 2018)
- An agreement to participate with the award from the Client shall accompany the submission.
- The projects submitted for the competition shall have been managed and largely engineered in a NB office of the member.
- No additions or modifications to the entry are allowed after delivery to ACEC-NB.
This year, the traditional award categories have been replaced in an effort to promote participation across the full range of Member Firms within the province.
No distinction will be made by the Judging Panel regarding the size of the firm – only the overall quality of the consulting engineering effort. Entries could take the form of not only engineering works, but also initiatives, inventions and business development that has helped advance the engineering community. See below for the associated judging criteria.
The top ranked entry will be awarded the Pinnacle Award, with additional Awards of Excellence for projects deemed to demonstrate consulting engineering excellence by the Judging Panel.
In addition to the President’s Award, an award will also be presented to the Young Professional of the Year. The purpose of the YP award is to recognize the achievements of young professionals who demonstrate excellence in their field of expertise, the business of consulting engineering and dedication to their community. More details on the nomination process for the President’s and YP of the Year awards will be submitted at a later date.
Winners will be announced at the 2017 New Brunswick Consulting Engineering Awards to be held April 26th, 2018 at the Fredericton Convention Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
The Judging Panel will be comprised of esteemed members of Client Groups, Professional Associations, and Universities. Judges will have the discretion to rank all submissions based on the following criteria:
- Environmental, economic and social sustainability
Firms are encouraged to bring their staff, clients, entry co-sponsors and other guests.
Questions regarding the above awards may be addressed by contacting the ACEC-NB Awards Committee Chairperson:
ACEC-NB Awards Committee
c/o, Eddie Kinley