2017 New Brunswick Consulting Engineering Awards
The New Brunswick Consulting Engineering Awards celebrates and promotes the provision of exemplary consulting engineering services locally, nationally, and internationally.
The event further serves to educate the general public and highlight the valuable contributions of New Brunswick’s Consulting Engineers in their work at home and abroad. Please consider this opportunity to highlight your company’s exceptional engineering accomplishments within a public forum for the recognition it deserves, among your peers, the public, and your clients.
STEP 1 – Notice of intention to submit
Member firms interested in submitting an entry are required to submit the following information before October 31st, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Company Name,
- Contact Name, Email Address, and
- A Brief Entry Description (200 word maximum).
STEP 2 – Submission entry
Entries must be approved by the Owner of the project (preferably a joint submission). Entry packages must be emailed no later than November 30th, 2016 to email@example.com. Note that no entries will be accepted after 5pm.
STEP 3 – Showcase Awards
All entrants are asked to include a MS PowerPoint presentation (4 slides maximum) for automated public display during the awards gala. This requirement is not part of the entry submittal and is to be emailed to the ACEC-NB Awards Committee Chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before January 31st, 2017.
|October 31, 2016||Notice of Intention to Submit|
|November 30, 2016||Deadline for Project Application|
|January 31, 2017||Deadline for Display Information|
|February 16, 2017||Awards Ceremony in Fredericton|
A Project Entry must include:
- A project/promotional sheet, limited to a maximum of three typewritten pages (minimum 10 point Arial font) in electronic format. Pictures may be submitted as an appendix to the submission.
- Recognition of contribution of significant sub-consultants.
- A 100-word summary (one paragraph maximum) is also required in electronic format. The summary must be properly edited and approved by the parties involved. The summary will be used as a general project description for the Awards and on promotional announcements throughout 2016.
- Payment may be made via cheque or credit card. An entry fee of $250.00 (cheque) should be mailed to ACEC-NB, Station Main, P.O. Box 415, Moncton, NB E1C 8L4 within one week of submission. Credit card details can be provide via email or phone.
- Only members in good standing of ACEC-NB are eligible to receive the Awards Competition.
- Joint submissions involving non-ACEC-NB members are acceptable ONLY if an ACEC-NB member performed more than 50% of the engineering work (for the submitted component) and if the project is submitted in their name.
- Participants shall acknowledge other involved consultants and contractors in their submissions.
- The Design and Construction element of the project submitted (or, the assignment for which the applicant is seeking an award) shall have been largely completed during the 15-month period PRIOR to the date of submission (June 30,2014 -November 30, 2016)
- An agreement to participate with the award from the Client shall accompany the submission.
- The projects submitted for the competition shall have been managed and largely engineered in a NB office of the member.
- No additions or modifications to the entry are allowed after delivery to ACEC-NB.
This year, the traditional award categories have been replaced in an effort to promote participation across the full range of Member Firms within the province.
No distinction will be made by the Judging Panel regarding the size of the firm – only the overall quality of the consulting engineering effort. Entries could take the form of not only engineering works, but also initiatives, inventions and business development that has helped advance the engineering community. See below for the associated judging criteria.
The top ranked entry will be awarded the Pinnacle Award, with additional Awards of Excellence for projects deemed to demonstrate consulting engineering excellence by the Judging Panel.
In addition to the President’s Award, an award will also be presented to the Young Professional of the Year. The purpose of the YP award is to recognize the achievements of young professionals who demonstrate excellence in their field of expertise, the business of consulting engineering and dedication to their community. More detail on the nomination process for the President’s and YP of the Year awards will be submitted at a later date.
Winners will be announced at the 2017 New Brunswick Consulting Engineering Awards to be held February 16th, 2017 at the Fredericton Convention Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
The Judging Panel will be comprised of esteemed members of Client Groups, Professional Associations, and Universities.
Judges will have the discretion to rank all submissions based on the following criteria:
- Environmental, economic and social sustainability
Firms are encouraged to bring their staff, clients, entry co-sponsors and other guests.
Questions regarding the above awards may be addressed by contacting the ACEC-NB Awards Committee Chairperson:
ACEC-NB Awards Committee
c/o, David Kozak
Awards Committee Chairperson