2019 New Brunswick Engineering Excellence Awards
The New Brunswick Engineering Excellence Awards celebrates and promotes the provision of exemplary consulting engineering services locally, nationally, and internationally.
The event further serves to educate the general public and highlight the valuable contributions of New Brunswick’s Consulting Engineers in their work at home and abroad. Please consider this opportunity to highlight your company’s exceptional engineering accomplishments within a public forum for the recognition it deserves, amongst your peers, the public, and your clients.
Step 1 of the 3 step process is to complete the attached form which notifies us that you intend to complete a project submission. Member firms interested in submitting an entry are required to submit the following Notice of Intention form before January 31st, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 – the submission entry form will be sent to all firms that have completed the Notice of Intention Submission form (i.e. Step 1). Entry packages will be due no later than March 11th, 2019.
Step 3 – all entrants are asked to include a MS PowerPoint presentation for public display during the awards gala. *This requirement is not part of the entry submittal* and is due on or before April 12th, 2019.
A Project Entry must include:
Summary of the project that could be used for a presentation and brochure for the Awards Gala. It will also be used by ACEC-NB to showcase consulting engineering to the government and to the public. Please use plain language and avoid technical jargon where possible. The summary should include:
- – The client and the client’s objective- Your role in the project- Project Objectives and Achievements
– Project complexity and/or use of innovation
– The project’s social, economic and/or environmental benefits
- Briefly introduce your project and its objective. What was done and why?
- Please explain how it demonstrates unique solutions and engineering achievement.Please describe the projects technical excellence and innovation. How is it distinguishable from similar projects of its type? Please consider any extraordinary problems and conditions that were overcome
- Explain the social and economic benefits to society provided by your project. Be specific and provide qualitative and quantitative information.
- Payment may be made via cheque or credit card. Within one week of the submission of the Notice of Intent, an entry fee of $250.00 per firm is to be paid by mailing a cheque to ACEC-NB, Brunswick Square PO Box 20111, Saint John, NB E2L 5B2; or by credit card by phoning 506-651-6562.
- Only members in good standing of ACEC-NB are eligible to receive awards.
- Joint submissions involving non-ACEC-NB members are acceptable ONLY if an ACEC-NB member performed more than 50% of the engineering work (for the submitted component) and if the project is submitted in their name.
- Participants shall acknowledge other involved consultants and contractors in their submissions.
- The Design and Construction element of the project submitted (or, the assignment for which the applicant is seeking an award) shall have been largely completed during the 15-month period PRIOR to the date of submission (December 2016 – February 2018)
- An agreement to participate with the award from the Client shall accompany the submission.
- The projects submitted for the competition shall have been managed and largely engineered in a NB office of the member.
- No additions or modifications to the entry are allowed after delivery to ACEC-NB.
Winners of the Engineering Awards of Excellence will be announced May 1st, 2019 at the Fredericton Convention Centre, there will be four Engineering Excellence Awards and the top ranked entry will be awarded the Pinnacle Award
No distinction will be made by the Judging Panel regarding the size of the firm – only the overall quality of the consulting engineering effort. Entries could take the form of not only engineering works, but also initiatives, inventions and business development that has helped advance the engineering community. See below for the associated judging criteria.
In addition to the President’s Award, an award will also be presented to the Young Professional of the Year. The purpose of the YP award is to recognize the achievements of young professionals who demonstrate excellence in their field of expertise, the business of consulting engineering and dedication to their community. More details on the nomination process for the President’s and YP of the Year awards will be submitted at a later date.
The Judging Panel will be comprised of esteemed members of Client Groups, Professional Associations, and Universities. Judges will have the discretion to rank all submissions based on the following criteria:
- Environmental, economic and social sustainability
Firms are encouraged to bring their staff, clients, entry co-sponsors and other guests.
Questions regarding the above awards may be addressed by contacting the ACEC-NB Awards Committee Chairperson:
ACEC-NB Awards Committee
c/o, Eddie Kinley